Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Top Prospect Q and A: Kevin Gausman


Interview with Top Prospect Kevin Gausman. Gausman is a 6'4, 180 pound RHP from Grandview High School in Colorado. He is currently ranked # 7 in the nation by Baseball America.
Q: First off, congrats on signing with LSU. What made you choose the school, and what other schools interested you?


Gausman: Well i really wanted a school that was rich with baseball tradition. I wanted a place that was different than anywhere else and if you've ever been to Baton Rouge its a lot different than colorado. I also really wanted a place where the coach's treat you like family and LSU's staff is exactly like that. I was considering Texas, ASU, Oregon State, Oregon, Arkansas, and Miami



You are one of the top ranked HS pitchers in the nation. Describe how that feels, and how it has an effect on your day to day life.


It's an awesome experience being seen like that. I think its kinda hard getting used to people mentioning your name in the mock drafts and all those rankings. Its definately had an effect on my life. I think its because i am from a state thats not known for baseball and i kinda have everything against me in that respect. Its been fun though and im looking forward to the future.



What pitches do you throw? Where do they usually sit?


I throw 4 pitches. My fastball usually sits from 93-94. My slider is around 82-84. My curveball is around 74-76. My change-up is from 81-83.



If there was one thing to improve on between now and the draft in June, what would that be?


I think the biggest thing is to become more consistent and just fine turn my stuff. Another thing is that i want to get into my legs more and maybe that'll just improve everything


Last question. Who is your favorite player and what is your favorite team?


My favorite player is Jon Papelbon. I idol myself after him in the fact that he can go from being relaxed and non-serious to being a bulldog on the mound. He just dominates hitters. My favorite team was the Phillies, but then they traded my boy Pat the Bat. So, now i'd say the Rockies.

No comments:

Post a Comment