Monday, December 14, 2009

Top Prospect Q and A: Adam Plutko

An interview with Top Prospect Adam Plutko. Plutko is a 6'3, 180 pound RHP from Glendora High School in California. He is ranked in the top 60 in the country, both by Baseball America and Perfect Game.




Jeff Sullivan: First off, congrats on signing with UCLA. Being from California, was this the school you were looking at all along, and what other schools were a factor?


Adam Plutko: No actually i wasnt looking there at all but Coach Savage really drew me in with his pitching style. I was talking to USC Oregon Fullerton UCI... all the local schools



What pitches are in your repetoire? Where do they usually sit?


I throw 4 seam fastball 2 seam fastball curveball change and slider... slider is kinda a new pitch. I usually sit at around 91-92 and topped out at 94.



You are ranked in the Top 60 prospects in the nation, both by Baseball America and Perfect Game. Describe how that feels, and how it has an effect on your day to day life.


To be honest i had no clue until u just told me about it. i dont look at all of the blogs and rankings i just go about my business and keep working hard because thats whats gonna make the difference not Baseball America rankings.




Describe how the Area Code Games went for you this year, and how is it playing against the top players in the country.


Area Code games went really well! i think i threw 3 innings had 6 K's and just threw the ball really well. I changed speeds well and my change was really on. I threw the ball really well for my second time in the Area Code games.



If there was one thing you would like to improve on between now and the MLB Draft in June, what would that be?


I would like to improve on my fitness level and lower half. That is gonna be the the difference when i go deep into ball games this year.



Last question, what is your favorite team, and what players do you follow?


I am a huge red sox fan!! I love Josh Beckett! any time he throws i sit down and watch what he does. I am also a fan of Jared Weaver and how deceptive he is with his different pitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment